Sunday, March 1, 2009

A childhood memory

Like many people who will be reading this I have known Jude a lot of years, but I guess that's to be expected when you're turning 60!
I wanted to tell Jude that she is the first 'grown-up' I can remember who didn't get angry at me when I did something wrong. One time we were staying at Loyola and we had been feeding the horses some oats. I saw how much they had enjoyed it so I got some extra oats a bit later and fed the horses oats until they couldn't fit anymore in. When Jude 'knew' I had done that, she was more concerned to hear me admit that I had done it and tell the truth, than to get angry. She promised that if I told the truth that I had done it she wouldn't get angry, so I told her I did and she explained that too many oats could hurt the horses. I just remember feeling how great it was to have something explained to me and how differrent it was to not get into trouble for doing something wrong!

No comments: